No FOMO for you - #teamtandem has you covered if you missed IEG or EMS this year. Check out what we learned at each conference below.
TOP TAKEAWAYS FROM #IEG2018
(in no particular order to avoid any and all favoritism - we loved it all!)
- Investing in meaningful and well-thought out activation plans are just as, if not more, important than paying for the rights to sponsor.
- Some brands (Anheuser-Busch) are far more likely to partner if a rights-holder will help with activation (boots on the ground).
- It’s important to commit to a sponsorship strategy and be consistent across your brand’s portfolio.
- Social influencers are a powerful yet potentially polarizing way for brands to partner.
- If social influencer and brand don’t align, it can negatively affect social influencer’s following, and/or brand’s image.
- (But how could Manny fail to align with anyone, really?)
- Having an understanding about how to add on to a partnership agreement is very important.
- Rakuten / Warriors have learned how to get things done quickly as activation ideas are developed in the midst of their long-term partnership. Without having fluidity and constant communication, neither side would be able to get the most out of their partnership.
TAKE NOTE: KEY POINTS FROM #EMSLIVE 2018
- 80% of social content is lost due to missing hashtags.
- Maybe you should keep track of those, eh? (One of our team members is nearly from Canada. Forgive her.)
- You can't slap a logo on something anymore and call it a day. You need authenticity or Gen Z sees right through it.
(Tandem Partnerships did not research or design the above image and we do not claim credit for doing so.)
- Friction-less commerce taking the consumer from knowledge straight through purchase path (idea behind Amazon Go walk-through technology).