LAST WEEK TODAY: WHAT WILL YOUR AUDIENCE MOST APPRECIATE?
tagged: chicago fire Coachella denver broncos event sponsorship experiential marketing festivals golf mls music nfl pga championship ryder cup social media sponsorship
posted on April 23, 2018
Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover April 16-22, 2018.
Trying new ideas and campaigns is a necessary part of both experiential marketing and sponsorship. Sometimes you'll find a great fit you can't believe you missed before - and sometimes the execution may fall flat. In either case, be willing to continually try new ways to reach your audience in ways they'll appreciate.
- How was weekend two of Coachella? According to HMG Creative, brands are happy with the results of their experiential marketing efforts. Festies are a fun group, and allow a brand to flex its creative muscles.
- The Denver Broncos had a big renewal last week with longtime partner Ticketmaster. The deal first began in 2001, and this 2018 version sees the team move exclusively to digital tickets.
- Not to be outdone, several rights holders inked new deals over the past week:
- MLS team Chicago Fire found a naming rights sponsor for the team's stadium in SeatGeek. Chicagoland, will you be visiting SeatGeek Stadium this season?
- Michelob Ultra signed on with two golf properties: Ryder Cup & PGA Championship. We're not saying it's a bad fit, but how many golf fans do you see drinking Michelob?
- The 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan is shaping up to be extremely successful in the sponsorship sphere (not unlike the Olympics to be held there in 2024 - check out our blog for more information). Mitsubishi Real Estate has signed on as an official sponsor of the event.
- Is your social or digital media budget dwindling? Maybe you're just looking to get more bang for your buck. Jeff Bullas, social marketer extraordinaire (we're not getting paid to say this, we just read A LOT of his content), has some tips. Can they help you?
- On the sponsorship side, Eventbrite has published the unwritten rules of sponsorship success. How many do you already use, and what can you implement going forward?
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.