LAST WEEK TODAY: AGREE ON ASSET VALUATION
tagged: abby and the myth activation brand carvana casio engagement epl event sponsorship experiential marketing festivals fifa world cup futbol golden state warriors kohler live event sponsorship live events manchester united nba nba finals pier 39 rakuten soccer sponsorship time timekeeping visa wework
posted on June 11, 2018
Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover June 4-10, 2018.
An important part of sponsorship strategy for any brand is knowing the best value for your goals. Whether you're a big spender like Visa, with FIFA and Olympic partnerships, have a midrange wallet like Casio or TYR Sport, or are more limited like a local radio station or retail branch. While rights holders need to know the value of what they're offering, brands need to know what their goals are, who their market is, and firm grasp of sponsorship value.
- NBA fans - we're sure you noticed the Warriors' sweep of the Cavs in the NBA Finals. Reuters said jersey patch sponsor Rakuten had every reason to be thrilled prior to the Championship - how do you think the brand feels now?
- Spinoff: do you think Manchester United's new jersey sleeve partnership with Kohler will be as successful?
- Multiple Olympic champion Katie Ledecky found a new partner last week in TYR Sport. She said the brand's "commitment to technology [...] is critical to my ongoing quest to swim faster."
- The GoPro Mountain Games in Vail found a new timepiece and timekeeping sponsor in Casio. What sort of activation do you think we will see from the brand? Will it be subtle but everywhere like Omega (as evidenced in our Olympic analysis)?
- A different kind of time - that is, TIME Magazine, partnered with WeWork to launch TIME 100 x WeWork Speaker Series. The series will be held at WeWork locations nationally and is an extension of TIME’s 100 most influential people in the world annual list.
- What went wrong? AdAge reports on why Budweiser left Jay-Z's upcoming 'Made In America' festival.
- Did you make it to PIER 39 on Saturday? Carvana hosted a "Save Your Saturday" event showcasing the new way to buy a car - and band Abby and the Myth were extremely popular among guests.
- #SponsorSpotlight last week featured Visa - and we're sure you'll be seeing plenty of the brand in days to come, owing to the brands 10+ year partnership with FIFA and the FIFA World Cup.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.