LAST WEEK TODAY: EXTRA DEALS IN THE ARTS
tagged: activation basketball broadcast camp nou capital one cause marketing experiential marketing fc barcelona film festival food bank futbol live event sponsorship marketing motley crue ncaa pac12 ralph breaks the internet sponsorship sponsorspotlight sports biz superbowl title sponsorship wells fargo
posted on December 3, 2018
MISSING SPONSORSHIP NEWS?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover November 26-December 2, 2018.
The arts featured more heavily in sponsorship news than usual this week, with four of our top seven stories in that sector. This time of year tends to skew more heavily towards the arts - both for sponsors and for fans - all of the major sports are in the off season or the middle of their season and this time of year features lots of special events, especially in music. It's not surprising to find such a focus on this "smaller" segment of the sponsorship industry.
- How much do you think a naming rights deal will cost for the stadium of one of the world's most recognizable and followed football teams? We're about to find out as FC Barcelona works to close a deal for Camp Nou with Grifols.
- Film and television had a few big stories this past week garnering attention:
- New movie 'Ralph Breaks the Internet' - sequel to "Wreck-It Ralph" - features eBay in a big way: and they did it for free.
- The playoff picture is becoming clearer in the NFL, and so is the Super Bowl advertising lineup. Adweek is tracking those 24/7.
- Major player in the title sponsorship world (Capital One, also of iHeartRadio's JingleBall tour fame) has signed on to another deal. This one is with the Dallas International Film Festival, as well as a few other programs managed by Dallas Film.
- SponsorSpotlight featured Dodge. Two stories caught your attention:
- We had a fantastic activation at client property PIER 39 this weekend: Wells Fargo brought its holiday season Food Bank promotion out for the second year.
The sun is shining & @WellsFargo is onsite taking monetary and non-perishable food items for donation. Stop by @PIER39 to help everyone have a #HapPIERHoliday season. The Food Bank is open today and tomorrow 10am - 7pm. pic.twitter.com/brX4TvcrxL
— Tandem Partnerships (@be_tandem) December 1, 2018
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem to let us know - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for the usual round-up on sponsorship news.