LAST WEEK TODAY: LIVE EVENT SPONSORSHIP BUILDS BRAND AUTHENTICITY
tagged: adidas alaska airlines asia authenticity brand Coachella crystal palace disney pixar epl event sponsorship experiential marketing festivals film futbol grocery lg lgfa lidl live event sponsorship live events music orlando pirates puma soccer sponsorship the incredibles wolverhampton
posted on May 14, 2018
Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover May 7-13, 2018.
Is your brand's goal to reach more Millennials and Gen Z'ers? What does your sponsorship portfolio look like? Many deals discussed in Last Week Today support the research done (and summarized in the Forbes article below) concluding live event sponsorship is the place to be. Don't *quite* have a Coachella sized budget? Check out other festivals and concert series in your area? Also keep in mind you can go beyond music - sports and film sponsorships can be successful. But remember: these are all entertainment deals, and your brand should aim to give attendees an experience they won't forget.
- How can your brand reach Millennials? Forbes recommends a healthy dose of supporting live events. Think Coachella, Lollapalooza, Outside Lands - and other, less-publicized (in the mainstream, anyway) events that fit your target market.
- PUMA was in the news twice this past week in English Premier League stories:
- Think of all the recent and upcoming major sports events in Asia: Pyeongchang 2018 (Olympics), Russia 2018 (FIFA), Tokyo 2020 (Olympics), Beijing 2022 (Olympics), Qatar 2022 (FIFA): should your brand be looking to the continent for sponsorship spending?
- Are you excited for Disney/Pixar's The Incredibles 2? Alaska Airlines sure is.
- German grocer Lidl has extended its Ladies Gaelic Football Association deal. This partnership represents one of the most lucrative in European women's sports. #SeriousSupport
- Interested in Lidl's other deals? Check out our category analysis of the grocery industry here.
- South African soccer made it into the news last week, with LG South Africa partnering the Orlando Pirates club as Official Consumer Electrics and Mobile Partner for 2018.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.