LAST WEEK TODAY: NEW OPPORTUNITES
Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover July 2-8, 2018.
Trying new things is an important part of sponsorship. New partners, new categories, new ways to distribute media - all valuable opportunities. Do be sure to fully research any change to your portfolio, but also know sometimes you'll have to take a leap of faith (especially if you're aiming to be a leader in your industry!) This week, many brands and franchises chose to try something new.
- New in partnerships:
- The Milwaukee Bucks have a new official ultra-premium tequila in Casamigos. Also in on the deal is the Wisconsin Entertainment and Sp0rts Center.
- Across the pond, the Wolverhampton Wanderers have a new partner - trail-blazing a new category - as the team signs with CoinDeal, a cryptocurrency exchange.
- Over in the esports realm, Ninja Partners with PSD Underwear.
- You may have noticed something different about Roger Federer during the first week of Wimbledon. Hint: he's swapped apparel partners, ditching Nike for Uniqlo.
- New in broadcast and streaming:
- Facebook is going for a large piece of the streaming pie as it looks to sign Cristiano Ronaldo for a reality show.
- New in analytics:
- One big story from last week doesn't have to do with a new partner or opportunity: FC Bayern Munich chooses to stay with existing sponsor Audi rather than jump over to BMW.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.