Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover February 19-26, 2018.
- Cirque du Soliel's 'Luzia' opened at the OC Fair and Event Center. Team Tandem was there.
- WWE's 2017 revenue numbers came out. Spoiler alert: they're amazing.
- Broadcast numbers and revenues from the Olympics continue to rise. Record numbers are expected for Tokyo 2020.
- The Milwaukee Bucks and sponsor MillerCoors extended their agreement to cover the opening of the Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center next year.
- Esports continues to find new backing: Lionsgate announced a sponsorship deal with LA Valiant to promote the STARZ series Ash vs Evil Dead. We love us some multipartner deals.
- Not only are the Golden State Warriors leading in actual play, but the team's digital strategy is tip-top as well.
- Which newly-minted Olympic champions will you see as brand ambassadors in the near future? There are a couple key attributes brands are looking for.
- Brands continue to see the value in both UEFA leagues, this time as Enterprise Rent-a-Car extends partnership with Europa League.
- Big box retailer Walmart continues to explore its sponsorship options: this time striking a new deal with BuzzFeed's Tasty.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.