LAST WEEK TODAY: SPONSORSHIP BUZZ GOOOAAAALLLLS
tagged: activation adidas atletico madrid bacardi brand branding chelsea engagement event sponsorship experiential marketing fifa world cup france french open futbol hyundai lafc lesbleus live event sponsorship live events millercoors nike rafael nadal roland garros russia seatgeek simona halep snapchat soccer sponsorship team usa
posted on June 19, 2018
Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover June 11-17, 2018.
We have a few stories touching on news outside the FIFA World Cup - but let's be honest, most of the world is pretty invested in the embattled tournament. Whatever you may think of FIFA personally, teams are going for the gold, and they're going hard. The tournament itself may have struggled with traditional Western sponsors, but teams competing haven't. Check out the continuing rivalry between adidas and Nike.
- GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLL! ICYMI: The FIFA World Cup started last Thursday with host Russia pummeling the team from Saudi Arabia. And for all FIFA's problems, the brand buzz going into the event (and continuing now) is at a high level:
- The question on everyone's minds: which apparel brand will come out the winner, Nike or Adidas?
- The way the tournament is watched is being changed by platforms like Copa90. How are you keeping up?
- #LesBleus are making headlines in more ways than one:
- The French Open has ended with both a new (Simona Halep) and a returning champion (Rafael Nadal). When players and sponsors arrive next year, how will on-site branding change?
- Snapchat has two new features for users:
- Outside of the FIFA World Cup, Hyundai has been making strides into the soccer sphere, signing sleeve deals with Chelsea and Atlético Madrid.
- Planning your next activation? Take a look at these two experiential campaigns to jump-start ideas for your own program:
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.