Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover March 5-11, 2018.
This week, we were treated to several notable examples of sponsorship and experiential marketing at its best. When activating, brands and rights holders should work together to find the best ways to engage with fans through sponsorship.
- Formula 1's Red Bull Racing has added a timekeeping sponsor to keep them on track and on time: TAG Heuer. This team is also sponsored by Aston Martin - seems like this will be a partnership to watch.
- Museum goers in LA will soon have one stop to add: Freeform's Mermaid Museum will open to the public for four days to celebrate its show 'Siren'. Spoiler: you can bet on an extraordinary amount of IG photos.
- Confidis, the French financial services company, is confirming its sponsorship commitment to cycling in neighboring Spain as a sponsor of three UCI WorldTour races there this year.
- Front Office Sports delved into Allstate's sponsorship of RAM Racing's Hot Chocolate 15k/5k race series. It's a three year deal that differs from Allstate's usual portfolio of soccer and NCAA sports.
- Hot Wheels went all out at the Canadian Auto Show using its "Challenge Accepted" tagline. Car enthusiasts of all ages were engaged.
- 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' began its promotional blitz and there was no shortage of brands wanting involvement. Denny's, esurance, General Mills, Nissan, Symantec and (especially relevant) SOLO Cups all signed on.
- Arsenal is looking for more from its kit sponsor. This has been a decade of change for the Gunners; after dumping Nike in 2014 for PUMA after twenty years, it took the team only three to decide on another switch. This time it's to Adidas.
- Team Tandem's hometown team, the San Francisco Giants, has signed on with LimeBike as the official bikeshare partner of Spring Training.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.
Book a consultation