Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover April 23-29, 2018.
Fit is important. When pitching, rights holders should always consider both the likely goals and values of each potential sponsor. Category fit is not the same as brand fit when it comes to sponsorship marketing relationships. On the other side of the spectrum, brands should consider the stance and needs of potential rights holder parters. Does the other organization's goals, vision and level of execution (among other factors) fit with what you and your team are looking for?
- What is social media worth in sponsorship in 2018? The Online Rule is able to answer your question for one sport.
- Esports had a couple of major stories this past week, including:
- Will Great Britain finally have an America's Cup winner? Ineos is trying to help Sir Ben Ainslie and the newly branded Ineos Team GB take the cup from current holders New Zealand in 2021.
- What do you think of the fit between these two brands? Swedish Fish has signed on with Discovery Channel's 30th Anniversary Shark Week campaign.
- This is not an NFL-related property we hear much about in the sponsorship sphere: the NFLPA has signed QuintEvents to deliver fan experience packages starting at the Super Bowl in Atlanta in 2019.
- Allianz is happy with its Drone Racing League partnership - so much so a renewal was signed just last week. Allianz will continue as the title sponsor of the Championship Race Series, and a new event will also be stopping at the brand's Riviera stadium where it holds naming rights.
- Every year, activations at Coachella are the ones to beat. Check out Pandora and T-Mobile's experiential set ups at the festival.
- Our latest Category Analysis went live last week, this time covering grocery sponsorship. Also last week, grocer Kroger signed on with Cincinnati's Asian Food Festival. Timely.
- GovBall NYC went all out on partnerships last week, signing deals with Hunter, ROAR, American Eagle Outfitters and Manna Hydration.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.