Missing sponsorship news?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover April 9-April 15, 2018.
Sponsorship is impacting festivals and other consumer events. Attendees and fans are enjoying personalized experiences as never before, which opens up a world of opportunity for sponsorship. Take a look at the sponsorship deals that made headlines this week.
- It’s music festival season and weekend one of Coachella is over. Check out the newest sponsorship opportunities at music festivals:
- Heineken has been partnering with Coachella since 2014. The Heineken House at Coachella is an enclosed tent sponsored by Heineken. Complete with beer, A/C, and a bass-heavy lineup, it offered a completely unique experience at Coachella 2018.
- At the Beale Street Music festival in Memphis, Lyft signed on as an official sponsor for the upcoming festival in May 2018.
- Firefly Music Festival has increased their sponsorship since it originated in 2012. This year TickPick signed on as the official sponsor for Firefly.
- The jewelry company Pandora has made sponsorship news headlines this week. They signed a major sponsorship deal with Ciara. The singer is the new face of their Pandora Shine collection.
- This week the MLB’s oldest sponsor has left the field. Procter & Gamble’s Gillette brand, has been the MLB’s oldest and most venerable corporate sponsor. Gillette has made the decision not to sponsor the 2018 MLB season.
- Did you know April is Autism Awareness month? To bring attention to kids with autism, PBS Kids and Zappos partnered to introduce a gender-neutral apparel line.
- This week was a home run for the Chicago Cubs. The MLB team signed two new sponsorship deals with Comcast and Gallagher.
- Did you watch the Academy of Country Music Awards this weekend? The award show was able to sign a sponsorship deal with Topgolf. The 2018 ACM Party for a Cause was hosted at Topgolf Las Vegas.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for this week's game-changers.