MISSING SPONSORSHIP NEWS?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover May 6-12, 2019.
Did you know last week was National Travel and Tourism Week? All across the U.S travel and tourism professionals united to celebrate the value travel holds for our economy, businesses and personal well-being. Team Tandem attended the 11th Annual OC Tourism Conference in Anaheim, CA. Travel is critical to the strength of families, offering quality time together away from the stress of busy lives. The tourism market also drives new sponsorships. Check out how some of the most popular tourist destinations and brands are diving into sponsorship.
- Disney explores NFL Sunday Ticket streaming rights option:
- Disney has held discussions over the option to acquire streaming rights to the National Football League’s (NFL) Sunday Ticket, as part of plans to bolster ESPN’s professional football portfolio.
- Last week, Disney and Amazon, had entered bidding to take on a digital offering for the out-of-market Sunday package.
- The rights are currently held by AT&T until 2022.
- Carnival Cruise Line was featured as our Sponsor Spotlight last week. The tourism company has built a robust sponsorship portfolio:
- Carnival signed on as official sponsor for Miami Marathon & Half Marathon.
- Last week, they became the first major ocean cruise company to sponsor Cruise Lines International’s Accredited Cruise Counsellor certification for all of its business development managers.
- NBA Hall-of-Famer Shaquille O’Neal is Carnival’s new Chief Fun Officer (CFO).
- This year, Carnival is inviting the world to “Choose Fun” in their lives and Shaq’s bringing his playful side to inspire everyone to make the most of it.
- Your Uber IPO has arrived. The San Francisco based ride sharing company started trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday at $42, below the $45 IPO price that had put Uber’s value above $80 billion.
- On the sponsorship side, Uber signed on as official sponsor for The Governors Ball. The music festival is bringing together the very best acts in rock, electronic, alternative, hip-hop, and indie.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem to let us know - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for the usual round-up on sponsorship news.