MISSING SPONSORSHIP NEWS?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover July 8-14, 2019.
Last week was a big week for sport fans. The week kicked off with the US Women's National Team winning the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup. USA beat Netherlands 2-0. The MLB All-Star Game also took place last Tuesday in Cleveland, OH. The National League ended up falling to the AL by the score of 4-3. This summer has kicked off many new and engaging partnerships in Sports. Try and keep up!
- T-Mobile is the Official Wireless Provider of Major League Baseball, and they went BIG for MLB All-Star Week by donating at least $250K to Little League Baseball and Softball at this year’s T-Mobile Home Run Derby.
- All week long T-Mobile provided All-Star Week perks connecting fans in and out of Cleveland. This included special access to All-Star Week events in Cleveland, July 2nd – 9th.
- Major League Baseball (MLB) announced the launch of its first ever venture into esports with a tournament in China set to feature eight teams competing on the US organization's official title, MLB: The Show.
- The three-month competition will take place across the Chinese cities of Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Hangzhou, Shanghai and Xi’an and is reportedly set to launch later in 2019.
- Switching gears to soccer, Premier League champions Manchester City have become the first individual soccer club to team up with DAZN.
- DAZN will serve as the exclusive live host broadcaster for the English giants’ first ever game in the country against City Football Group (CFG) sister club Yokohama F Marinos on July 27th.
- GolfPass, the digital golf membership launched by NBC Sports and Northern Irish golfer Rory McIlroy, moved into live streaming with exclusive US coverage of last week’s Scottish Open.
- The live stream gave fans access to the the 30-year-old’s entire round exclusively on all four days of the competition.
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem to let us know - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for the usual round-up on sponsorship news.