LAST WEEK TODAY: BREAK FOR THANKSGIVING?
tagged: activation apparel sponsorship basketball big ben esports experiential marketing head & shoulders learfield live event sponsorship marketing nascar ncaa opportunity procter & gamble sponsorship sports biz taco bell turkey unlv
posted on November 26, 2018
MISSING SPONSORSHIP NEWS?
Check out the blog every Monday for a weekly roundup of the past week's most exciting and industry-altering news. These stories cover November 19-25, 2018.
Things slowed down a little bit during this American holiday week (perhaps everyone was out of office?) No matter - there were still some great stories to sink your teeth into.
- You know we can't go too long without discussing esports. This week, we posted Optimy's blog on esport sponsorship. It reiterates the opportunity for brands to get involved now - and why.
- Two rights holders are gaining significant numbers of sponsors or hoping to go down that path:
- SportsBusiness Journal reports UNLV/Learfield have signed 20 new sponsors this year, bringing the program's total to over 100.
- Also, the front-running teams in NASCAR are hoping for a sponsor boost.
- Adweek did a feature article on Axios, a brand investing big in sponsored events.
- Meanwhile, Taco Bell debuted a new type of experiential marketing in London by making Big Ben sound like the brand's signature 'ding.' Perhaps not an "experience" in the personalized sense, but certainly a way to get the crowds talking.
- In Turkey, Procter & Gamble's Head & Shoulders brand signed a renewal with the Turkish Basketball Federation. This is H&S' second year with the TBF and fourth year in Turkey, as it previously sponsored the Turkish Super League for two years.
- Last week's blog was all about the threads. Check out apparel deals globally (the numbers may shock you!)
Did we miss any? Tweet @be_tandem to let us know - we hate being behind the times just as much as you do.
Look out next Monday for the usual round-up on sponsorship news.